I'll admit it. I like infomercials. I think I've always been drawn to them, but I especially learned to like them after studying them in college. I took a class called "Persuasion and Propaganda". It was one of my favorite classes because it was so very interesting! We took at look at infomercials and had to analyze one and write a paper about it. I chose the one with Frank and Kathy Lee Gifford where they talked about their marriage and promoted Gary Smaley's marriage blah blah. Do you remember that one? If you do, you might be old like me. :) Ron Popiel? The Magic Bullet? The Shark? and a personal favorite: The Miracle Blades!
I love the whole formula. Introduction, Can you believe?, Demonstration, Cost, But Wait!, Special Offer, More Demonstration, Testimonials, and Final Offer with a cost cutting/additional free item/plus shipping and handling all hosted by a very perky and loud host. I always thought that I would be great on an infomercial. :)
I've been searching recently for a particular infomercial. I saw it last week-end while I was kinda napping. I remember thinking that I loved the haircut of the host. I want to find it again so that I can describe it to my friend Tina who cuts my hair. I don't remember the name of the product--it was some kind of skin lotion promising to get rid of my wrinkles and age spots. Just think: if I found it again, I could get a great haircut and a brand new face. I won't even have to pay $89.95, just two easy payments of $19.95. Of course, I need to hurry. . . I only have twelve minutes left.
1 comment:
LOL!!! :)
Post a Comment