Hi friends.
Yup, it has been awhile, but we've been busy. We enjoyed Branson with Gary's folks, sister, nephew and niece this week. It was so much fun! For the first time, we went to see a show with the kids---Amazing Pets! Da-da-da!!! They enjoyed it so much, we went to another show---The Russian Circus! Da-da-da!!! They just adore their Grandpa Larry and Grandma Karen. We are so thankful this year especially that Grandpa Larry is walking on this earth. We almost lost him right before we went to China to get Simon. Thanks Lord for letting us keep him for awhile longer.
Now, I'm sitting in a hotel room in Rockford, IL. Gary is at a Sinissippi Park socializing with his high school classmates and I'm on nap patrol. I love watching my kids sleep. They needed it. :)
God touched my heart many times this past week, but I wanted to share two particular moments that meant to much to this mama, ones that made me cry.
1. Yesterday, I was sitting at the kitchen table of my best friend Karen (she is in St. Louis--a great place for a pit stop) and we were eating lunch. Simon was next to me and when I turned to look at him, he reached his hand up and touched my face. I leaned in and he said to me, "I love you." He has said it before, but never without prompting, never before on his own without my doing it first. Yes Simon, I love you too and I bless God that you love me.
2. This morning in the hotel room, Garrison opens the drawer by the bed and guess what is inside? A Bible! He announces to me that he needs to read the Bible. I'm all for that. He sits in the chair and looks for awhile. I'm putting on my swimsuit (always a great experience eh?!?) and he begins to "read". He thanks God for many things, all from his little heart. He is very serious and not at all showing off for his siblings or for us. While Simon and Noel ran around the room, Gary and I paused to hear the heart of our son. . . oh no, I'm teary again. Gary and I embraced afterwards and celebrated how God is living in Garrison's heart. Nothing means more to me as a mom.
Nothing.
We travel home tomorrow. It'll be our shortest drive (six hours?) of the week. Hopefully by tomorrow night we'll conclude our prayer in our driveway, saying "Amen" to the one we began in the same place just six days ago. So much has happened and God has been so good. Yeah!
No comments:
Post a Comment