One year ago I was in a car headed for the airport with Gary. We were leaving to go to China and get Simon. We were so excited and so hopeful. Yet, just moments before, I had walked into my children's rooms and kissed them good-bye. . . wondering in some way if they would remember me when I returned. . . wondering if I might not return. . . wishing there was some other way to get Simon rather than leaving my kids for two weeks. It was one of the hardest things I'd have to do. Silly perhaps, but oh how I love them so very much.
This morning when they get up, they'll get extra hugs and kisses from this mama. I get to spend the whole day with them and I'm pretty excited about it. Hopefully the next time I leave them for two weeks I'll be dropping them off at college.
No comments:
Post a Comment