Hi friends
One year ago, so many of you were praying for us, and praying for Simon. Praying that his adjustment into our family would go well, that we would learn to love each other, to communicate with each other, to grow in God.
Well, all of our prayers have been answered in bigger ways than we ever imagined! Simon is a delight. He is a great fit into our family. His English is so great! He loves his siblings. He loves both Gary and I. I love it that every morning he runs to find me and hangs on to my leg while I say good morning and tell him that I love him. He loves to hug and kiss us. He loves to wrestle. He loves to do puzzles. He loves to rhyme (something that often drives us CRAZY!), he loves to argue with his siblings, he loves to sing, he is a wonderful runner, he doesn't love school. . . unless he gets to play with toys, he loves veggies but not cheese, when he doesn't like a decision we've made he scowls at us, his feet haven't grown since we met him, he has had numerous hair styles, he loves cars. . . he is our Simon!
We are going out for Chinese tonight to celebrate. It won't be as good as what we had in China, but it will be a reminder to us of Simon's heritage. God is so very good!
3 comments:
Congratulations on your first year together with Simon. Every time I read about him I'm moved to tears (from joy). It is so wonderful seeing him thriving with the Love of his Forever Family. Thank you for welcoming him into your family.
The video of your first meeting is so wonderful! Thank you for sharing such a precious moment. It's a blessing to see the daily love of Jesus in all our lives. I too, am moved to tears by the amazing journey of Simon Sprick.
Happy happy day! He's grown SO much in the last year!
Post a Comment