Saturday, November 14, 2009

Results

We had such a great appointment with Simon's surgeon. Dr. Robertson is so very kind. He assessed that the lump (which is a tumor) on Simon's side was the same kind of thing that he already has on his back, pelvis, and leg. It may continue to change, it may go away, it may stay. It isn't anything to be concerned about. He urged us not to have it removed. You don't have to do much urging to get us to say we don't want Simon to have surgery. :) Someday if Simon does need surgery for his large tumor, they can look at removing it. For now, more may crop up. We never know where or why they will show up. Simon is kinda a mystery to his doctors. The whole office is enamored with Simon which Gary and I find funny.

On the way to the appointment, I was thanking God that He knows what is going on in Simon's body. He knows every part of this tumor. He knows how Simon's body is functioning with the tumor inside of him. He knows Simon's future. I'm thankful that God has given us great doctors, but I'm also thankful that Simon ultimately rests in the hands of the great physician.

We'll keep you posted on the status of "Lumpy" our son as new things come up.

1 comment: