Monday, February 22, 2010

car conversations

Simon is upset.

We talked the ENTIRE way home school today about age. He is upset because he won't ever be the oldest in our family and he won't ever be the youngest. How do you explain such concepts to a four year old? I kept trying not to laugh out loud, to keep a tone of seriousness. . . he was very serious and very mad. He has brought it up several times. I finally pacified him with the following comments.

1. Someday when you get married you could be the oldest in your house.
2. Someday when you get married you could be the youngest in your house.
3. When Penny comes, Noel won't be with oldest or the youngest either.

He did ask what will happen when he is seven. Sorry buddy: same boat. What about eight? What about nine? What about twenty-five-one hundred-eighteen? I'm not exactly sure what will happen on that birthday, but I'm pretty sure that you won't be the oldest or the youngest. :)

1 comment:

one blessed mama said...

i love these random converstions!!!