Friday, February 19, 2010

Updates

First. . . a great gift tonight. My sister, brother-in-law and their kids had our name for Christmas. Guess what they gave us? TIME FOR GARY AND I TO BE TOGETHER!!! Could there be any other greater gift? Not only did they give us some gift cards to our favorite places, but the best. . . they are taking our kids overnight tonight. Time for Gary and I alone. Time for my kids to enjoy with great great family. Thanks so much Tricia and Matt. I couldn't have hoped for anything better!

Penny is growing. I'm beginning to feel. . . shall we say. . . uncomfortable. I still don't look pregnant, just fat. I'm not joking. A worker at a local business told me that last week. Thanks. There are times during the day when Penny is making things just plain challenging. . . and painful. Stop it. Gary had grounded her when she turns 10.

I must also stay that I LOVE feeling Penny move. There is something so wonderful about it. . . we get to share something that no one else can. We share a secret language of sorts. Although she does kick and punch me, she is more of a roller. I'm praying that she is pretty laid back. If you know my kids. . . that might take quite the miracle!

I'm tired. Not because of being pregnant (although that is part of it), not because I have three kids I enjoy all day long, not because I'm sick. . . it is the Olympics. I'm glad they are only on every two years because I adore them. I'm watching curling at the moment. LOVE. IT. When I was little, my parents put a cot up in the living room and we were allowed to stay up late and fall asleep while watching. Is that great parenting or what?!? My parents instilled a love of the Olympics in me. . . I've passed it on to Gary (although he won't admit it), and hopefully to my kids. We record the events and then I get to watch them again the next day and show my chillins the highlights. Simon loves them most. The boy is obsessed with speed.

School registration is done. Next year, the Sprick family will have one child in kindergarten, one in pre-school, and one in three-school. Yup---that is truly crazy. Gary this morning that we hold Garrison for two years and Simon for one. . . then they can all be in the same grade and things will just be simpler. I don't think so.

Hope that you enjoy your week-end. I know that I will.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Hope you have a wonderful night out. I've started feeling baby every day now too - it is pretty cool. Not fun when you get big enough to slow you down, though. I'm not looking forward to that timing - a few more weeks to go on that. Have a fabulous weekend!