Thursday, February 11, 2010

A gift

I received a gift today from my friend Debbie. She gave me one of my top 10 voice mail messages ever. Ever.

What did she say? Well, first she clarified a question that I had asked her. Love that. She also kept calling me "Shanda Koeman". Love that. (She calls me Shanda Koeman or Shanders. . . you know how friends can be.)

Then. . . . then she told me what she liked about me. She told me what she had been thinking about me when we met. She told me good characteristics that she sees in me. She made me laugh, she made me smile, and she gave me a gift. It has been a rough couple of days. . . parenting wise. Debbie gave me such encouragement: and I get to listen to it over and over.

Made me think: I need to do the same. I need to pass on some encouraging messages: either written or verbal and can be read or listened to over and over again. I think we all need to do that more often for each other.

No comments: