This has been the latest "obsession" of my boys. They use it to imply a very long amount of time. . . or objects. . . or difficulty. Since they've learned that it is a big number, it is now used in so many different ways. Of course, it makes Gary and I laugh. Here are some examples.
"Simon, are you going to play with that for one hundred days?"
"Are we going to go to the hotel in one hundred days?"
"Do we need to wait for one hundred hours?"
"That hurt one hundred times!"
"Can we watch this for one hundred minutes?"
"When I get to be one hundred, then can I watch the dragon movie?"
Most of the time, it is very amusing. Today however, one hundred was used in a different way, one that caused us to pause. In school, Garrison did a unit on phones. He made a phone and practiced calling his house and some of his friends' numbers. It has been fun to see him walking around the house calling people. This morning he called his Gramps. That is my dad. Garrison has been pretty quiet on the subject of his Gramps. He and Gramps were best buddies. I can't even describe the joy I used to feel when I saw them together. Garrison hasn't seen or talked with him since the middle of August. We've told him that his Gramps is sick because he is taking too much medicine. (This wasn't new to him as Gramps was often too "sick" to play with Garrison after he had overdosed.) Well, he called his Gramps today on his phone. The phone call went something like this.
"Hi, Gramps how are you? Yup. Yup. One hundred one hundred. Bye Gramps."
Gary had the opportunity to ask him about it. . . what did Gramps say?
"He said that he would be better in one hundred one hundred days." It has been a long time Garrison. We continue to pray that your Gramps gets better.
2 comments:
oh man, that just breaks my heart a little bit. *hugs* *prayers*
oh dear shanda...
we will be praying that garrisons words will be encouraging to gramps. it's amazing what little ones can do to a grown ups heart.
loving you.
Post a Comment