It can be overwhelming at times. I take praying for others very seriously. I enjoy praying for the needs of those whose lives touch mine in some way. Some of those prayers are on-going, some are a one time deal.
I've recently been praying a lot in the middle of the night. Why you ask? Well, when you are awake in the middle of the night, it seems like a great time to pray. All the drama with my dad has me up. . . and thinking. . . and praying in the middle of the night. The impending arrival of our daughter, mistakes I've made parenting, the hurts of dear friends who are grieving. wonderful time spent with friends and family, my wonderful husband and his needs. . .I'm a thinker and prayer in the middle of the night. My mind just starts going and I can't seem to get back to sleep for a couple of hours.
If you think of it, even if it is a one shot thing. . . could you please pray for our family situation? Pray for my mom: for strength and discernment. Pray for my dad. I've started to call him Pharoah. He says one thing. . . shows some kindness. . .and then hardens his heart. He tries deliberatly to hurt my mom and then says he loves and misses her. I'm not a fan of that. Pray for our family as we adjust, hurt, grieve, celebrate, and live each day: some good and some not so fantastic.
We are on the divorce path. Dad wants it. Dad has filed for it. Dad thinks it is best. Dad believes God told him to do it. Oh how my heart grieves. Imagine my mom.
I'm not sure what to ask you to pray about. I'm not sure exactly what I'd like for God to do. What I do know is that God has it. He knows. He can work out the details. He will receive every ounce of glory. . . every bit. Sometimes I clap for Him because I know that He is going to do wonderful things. No harm in giving God the glory even before I get the chance to see it. :)
1 comment:
we don't even have to have the words~God knows our heart and understands even our groans! "What a mighty God we serve"!
Post a Comment