Friday, June 11, 2010

another post

As I walk through my week, I often think. . . I should blog about that. There are so many wonderful and crazy things that happen to me or go through my mind and then. . . life happens and I don't blog. My best blogs go through my head while Penny is at the milk buffet in the middle of the night. You'd be amazed at how awesome those blog entries are! Sadly, during the day I don't seem to have as great of thoughts. . . that or I'm not all-together in the middle of the night. :) So, those amazing entires don't make it to the actual blog.

1. Noel is nursing her baby Sally. It is going great. She only eats every other day and is in great health.
2. I had three great get-togethers this week. I adore friendships, although I'm still learning about what it means to be a great friend. I'm not good at calling (I don't like talking on the phone), I often forget details about friends' lives and forget to ask important questions, and I'm not consistent about getting together. I apologize. The things that people like about me (crazy, kooky, emotional, hugging, disorganized) also contribute to things that people might not like about me (crazy, kooky, emotional, hugging, disorganized). Thanks for being my friend.
3. We got a pool. A blow-up kiddie pool. The kids love it. I love it that they love it. Garrison is putting his head under for the first time, well for the first time on purpose. This makes me heart happy.
4. I had a meltdown at Walgreens. It involved the following things: Penny crying non-stop, the other three ducks touching, throwing, shouting, falling, and smelling almost everything in the two rows that we investigated, a cashier who asked four times if she could take Penny home, coupons that didn't work, a missing manager, an assistant manager who wasn't very helpful, an older gentleman behind me who wasn't impressed with waiting, the same older gentleman who gave the assistant manager two dollars (because my two dollar coupon wasn't working!) for me, the assistant manager didn't give me the two dollars but rather kept it for himself, running into someone whom I adore from our church, my crying. . .it was an event.
5. I ordered bathing suits to try on. Boo. This is not a very happy event. I'd rather re-live the Walgreens fiasco.
6. I received two scrapbooks that I made: Our trip to China and our family 2008 part I. I love them except on the page dedicated to Gary's Grandpa Elmer, I wrote "Grandma Elmer". Notice please that Elmer is not Gary's grand-Ma. lovely.
7. Simon is riding a bike with training wheels! This is a huge event as he is very pleased with himself (and well he should be!) and because last summer he couldn't steer and pedal at the same time. The boy is making wonderful strides in the gross motor department.
8. Noel rode her bike and looked great in her new princess helmet. That was the only good thing about her bike ride. She walked most of the way.
9. Penny is for the most part, getting up once a night to feed. Love it! Plus, she is smiling at me. Of course she is. . . she doesn't know that I'm not funny yet. Let's keep it a secret from her for awhile longer.
10. I made an amazing summer salad today.

1 comment:

our sweet life said...

i love this! thanks for keeping us up to date!