The other three however aren't lacking in the word department. All three of them enjoy talking and talking and talking and talking. . . you get the picture. They often talk over each other, debate with each other, pretend with each other, encourage, fight, whine. . . all with their words. My favorite conversations with them recently have centered around our faith.
I love it when they ask me questions about Bible stories or songs that we are singing. My heart soars when they retell Bible stories to me. . . even if every detail isn't exactly right. When we read the Bible story after our supper together, it puts a huge smile on my face when they make comments about what they've just heard. The most important thing to me in regards to their lives is that they fall more and more in love with the Lord.
Noel asked the question yesterday at lunch about God and Jesus. She asked if they were brothers. I began to say that God was the Father and Jesus was the Son, but before I could get it out her eyes got really big (if you know Noel, you know how this looks!) and she got a very excited look on her face. She had figured it out. She exclaimed to all of us at the table with this declaration accompanied by her hands outstretched "I know. They are twins!" Later I thought, she is kinda right. Look at my girl grasping the mystery of the Trinity already. Gary asked why I didn't bring up the Holy Spirit. I wasn't ready to try and tackle that just yet. ;)
We are listening to the VBS songs in our van in preparation for Bible School at church. We love the new songs and my kids are learning most of the words already. Great preparation, especially since they can't read the words on the screen. We were listening to Ancient Words and the line came up "ancient words, ever true, changing me and changing you". They asked me all kinds of questions about if they were changing. How were they changing? Was I changing? What does it mean to change your heart? Can God live in your heart and in heaven? How does reading the Bible change you? Big questions for little bodies.
I Bless God that my kids are listening. I can get so frustrated at times because I feel like they aren't listening. . . but they are. They are listening to these songs and Bible Stories, and Children's Worship Leaders, and to Grammy, and to everyone else. They are putting it together. I love it that God is letting me see a piece of their hearts--the best part that belongs to Him.
1 comment:
So true!!! The other day Elliot said, "Who's GOD?" and then when I explained a little (not easy) he said, "Where IS he?" and "Who's his mommy?" I have to admit I was a little stuck. Try telling a three year old that God is everyhwhere, haha. And how to explain he doesn't really have a mommy??? That's how he identifies all his other friends is by their mommies. :P
Post a Comment