Friday is a'coming friends.
On Friday, myself and several members of my family will be journeying together up to Harbor Hall in Petosky, MI. My dad has almost completed his three months of treatment. We'll be meeting with his counselor and with him.
I'm feeling. . . .
nervous
excited
anxious
hesitant
happy
hopeful
on edge
a bit distant
and the need to be covered in prayer.
Will you please pray for us? I'm not sure who I'm going to meet on Friday. I haven't talked with my dad since September. SEPTEMBER! He walked out of the intervention and that was the last that I've seen of him. Now, I'm going to talk with him again. Will he be the same man of September? Will he be the dad of my childhood? Will he be someone new? I don't know.
I do know that God knows. Psalm 139 tells me that "All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." Comforting. God is aware and in control. It also says in verse 10 that "your (God's) right hand will hold me fast." Do you know what? The same hand that is holding me fast is also holding my dad. It also holds my mom, my siblings, my kids. . . oh I'm so very thankful.
I don't know what Friday will hold for us. I DO know that God is aware. God has got it. God will show us, comfort us, protect us, lead us, guide us, and most of all. . . hold us fast.
1 comment:
Praying for your family. Praying you will find dad there in some part of who you meet on Friday.He was an awesome dad and husband. He just got very lost. Praying he may be found in a way that will fill your family's hearts.
Post a Comment