It is so much easier to say "no", especially when things in this house get a little stressful. That happens many times a day. So, now I'm trying to say "yes". Guess what. Things are better.
I had ice cream and diet coke last night at McDonald's (their cones are only three points!) with a wonderful friend. It was great because we talked a lot about parenting. I'm not an expert parent. I am a mom who tries (most of the time) to do my best. Last night I was able to really think about parenting again. The article above challenged me to think about my parenting. I need to keep growing, to keep learning, to keep trying to do the best with these amazing four gifts that God has given to me.
If you've got some some advice to help me be a better parent---send it my way. I'm always looking to learn.
1 comment:
thanks for the article. and believe me, although my babies are 12, i'd still be open to some parenting advice!! i find that saying yes, against what i 'feel' like saying, is usually not as bad as i thought...and sometimes i even end up having some fun-gasp! :)
Post a Comment