Since my boys are in the same grade, it is challenging to invite just one friend over. So, I invited one friend for each boy. I've never done this before, and truth be told I'm nervous! I'll be nervous for the next hour and fifty minutes. I'm not counting though.
So far, they've explored almost every room in the house. They have hit each other with swords and pillows. They've argued about who are the bad guys. There have been tears at least five times (all from my boys. . . what is up with that?) and only one thing has gotten broken I think. Right now we are eating pizza (yup, I scored big points for that one) and having drink boxes. Special times call for special treats. Chocolate chip cookies are on the menu for this afternoon.
So, what am I nervous about? I'm nervous about correcting boys that aren't my own regarding being polite, playing on the steps, keeping the gate closed, throwing things that we don't usually allow to be thrown, playing with the dog while we eat, and waiting to eat until we pray. I'm nervous about finding stuff for them to do should they get. . . ahem. . . bored. I'm nervous that someone might break their arm.
So far, I've overcome some of my issues. We made it home in one piece despite having Garrison in the front seat. shhh. My friend Rebecca said it was o.k. Second, I organized this get-together in the first place. Also, we had a general meeting about closing the gate so Penny doesn't have to go to the hospital. Noel is in bed so she isn't whining about playing with the boys. I didn't burn the pizza. All is well so far.
Gotta go. One of my visitors just asked if I would heat up his pizza as it has gotten a bit cold. I don't think that has ever been uttered in my house before. Oh no. . . Simon just suggested that they play "pull nipples". This could be an interesting afternoon. :)
4 comments:
Can I just tell you that, when I have the time, I just love reading your blog! (Not much time these days) You are hilarious, just how I remember you! Wish we lived closer together because it seems as if our boys would get along great!
Love ya,
Melissa (Munz) Batusic
there's so much i want to say but i'm laughing. because you CRACK me up. because i remember those days. because you're as spontaneous as i am. now i'm still asking kids to come over. (but heating up their food?...not a chance. i've been known to say, "hahahahaha. no. just eat it!" (when i really wanted to say, "in this house we have rules, and one of them is don't bug the cook. what you do at your own house is your business, and the fact that your mother caters to you like that is a real issue. i just happen to have the name of a nice man who talks about this kind of stuff for a living. here...give this to your mommy."
For the record--I never did see them play "pull nipples". :)
just wait until they discover BB guns. warming up pizza will be the least of your issues. :)
Post a Comment