Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Oh what a night. . .

It's 9:54 p.m. and my folks just left our house. Did you read that? My folks (plural) just left. We had a delightful, honest, painful, difficult, funny, and grace-filled conversation.

It is the closest that I've seen of this person, this man. . . the closest that I've seen him come to being the man I call dad. Does that make sense? He is getting there. Oh friends, we still have a long way to go. Don't get me wrong.

BUT. . . there is a gentleness, a humbleness, an apology offering man that doesn't place blame except where it belongs. He is interested in making things right. He is interested in being a father again. He is interested in being a grandfather again. He is downright interested. That is good.

Once again, thanks for laying our family before God's throne. He alone is worthy. He alone deserves the glory for the beginning of the restoration of our family. He alone can change dad and me as well. He alone is whispering to dad and dad is listening. I pray that I listen as well. Feel free, if you so desire, to encourage my dad. Through this whole process, my friends have been so supportive of me. Oh man has that carried me through time and time again. Thank you! I've asked you to support my mom and many of you have. Thanks!!! If you are led. . . feel free to encourage my dad. You can send something to me if you so desire.

1 comment:

Rebecca: said...

Praise God! I love to see God at work. Reminds me of His continual faithfulness throughout generations.