Monday, March 21, 2011

This and That. . .

So, we've had another week-end. We didn't schedule anything and that was great. Great because we could just chill and relax and sing songs as a family all week-end long. Wait, that didn't happen! Gary worked until 6:00 a.m. on Saturday morning and slept a good chunk of the day, and Noel began throwing up Sunday morning at 4:00 and didn't stop until this morning. Good times.

Noel has a fever today and is so out of it. I'd rather have today than the throwing up issues of yesterday. I did six loads of vomit laundry (four before 8:00 a.m.) and Noel was tied to her white bowl. I think she threw up between 15 and 20 times poor girl. It is so yucky to see your kids going through something like that. At least today she is sleeping more and she actually kept medication down this noon. Yeah! Gary informed me that he'll be working a good portion of tonight. I will also be missing my Bible Study tomorrow. We have a rule in this house and that is "you can not be sick as to in any way affect mom missing Tuesday morning Bible Study". It comes right after the "do not eat crunchy foods unless there are lots of people around or loud music on" rule. Sadly, Noel broke the sick rule. I'll show mercy on her this time.

Despite our plan to be plan free, we did have some great moments. . . well I had some great moments this week-end. Gary made sure that I had some great moments. Thanks babe! I bought Garrison new wooden shoes. I visited with Kevin, Gretchen, and Tessa for an hour without any distractions (a.k.a. my kids). I went to church. Gary and I played games with friends while our children happily dreamed. I took at nap on Sunday afternoon. Gary took a nap on Sunday afternoon. See, great moments.

I also just bought Gary a Christmas present. I know! I'm so early right? Sadly no, I'm so late. I always seem to fail in the buying Gary a present department. I stumbled upon something that was perfect about a month ago. It is more than I want to spend, but after wrestling with it, I decided he is worth it. It'll be delivered in a few days. Merry Christmas honey!

Progress reports came home and both my boys are doing well in pre-school. Whew. Glad we got through that one. Next year they can both skip happily off to Kindergarten where their minds will be nurtured and challenged and where they will both sit happily side by side drinking in new knowledge, taking turns with every kid in class, and speling corectly. Dreaming is free.

The video is almost done (judge if you must), so I'd better go parent. Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

our sweet life said...

shanda, i love you...lots~seriously. i'm not sure i know many more people who are more real than you!! keep on posting, and making me smile, laugh, cry (believe it or not!!!) and be thankful for all the blessings i have!