Thursday, May 26, 2011

Long time. . .

Hi all
Been awhile since I've blogged. Things have been. . . ahem. . . a little crazy here. Can I get an "Amen!". Thank you. I've often thought about blog posts while laying in bed, or while driving in the car and then I just don't make it. Here is what we've been up to.
The kids are done with school. That is a lie. The boys are done with school and Noel has her end of the year party tomorrow. That means our lives have been filled with field trips to Captain Sundae, end of the year parties, and pre-school graduation. It also means that there are more than the usual papers in my house. I know kids learn with papers, but sheesh! I went around with a garbage bag just to recycle papers. I'm extremely grateful for our school and for my kids' teachers. I'm also ready to be done. Penny is ready for us to be done--I keep waking her up to go and drop off children.
I got together with friends--two nights in a row. I don't get together with just an adult or two very often. The stars aligned and it happened the past two nights. It was wonderful to get re-charged, to swap stories, to cry a little, to be inspired, to celebrate our families, to support and promise to pray. Frankly, after two nights in a row of midnight bedtimes I'm whooped. My tank is full, but my body is a little behind. Tonight I'll make it early.
Monday night (after graduation) a friend was speaking at a conference. I missed hearing her (boo), but still showed up for support. I also was challenged a ton, not by what the other speaker there were two) said, but by the audience and by her delievery. I'd love to be a public speaker some day. I was surprised at how I was so skeptical of this woman when she did speak some truth-- she loves God, she encouraged many people in attendance. . . it has caused me lots of mental energy to figure it all out. I still haven't, but I'm working on it. Should I have been more open? Should I have clapped more? Given an Amen? Hmmm
Shutterfly offered a 50% off coupon on 12x12 books. This is the size I use for our family books. So, I finished 2008 Part 2. I know--I'm aware that I am behind. The coupon expired last night so I spent lots of afternoons, some mornings, and several evenings at the computer organizing and chronicling our life in 2008. I cried a little as I relived our trip to China to get our precious son. I got it done and my kids watched three hours of videos yesterday afternoon. The book is 91 pages.
I arrived a half our early (got the days mixed up) to school this morning. Though I did get a good parking space (hallelujah!), I also got to entertain my children (did I mention I have four?) in the hall. Went well and the principal told me it was o.k. if we were a bit loud. He said that's what doors are for. Thanks. I shuffled my way between two classrooms for two parties. I'm thankful that other parents were willing to watch one or more of my kids while I was with one or more of my other kids. whew. Thankfully we got to participate in two pinatas and came home with lots of candy! It has been a very relaxing and laid back afternoon. (sarcasm)
So, I'm here. Summer is coming. Garrison is still searching for treasures--he ran into a mailbox while riding his bike because he was looking down. Simon is still frustrated that I'm making him eat breakfast every day. There are so many things to be done and breakfast doesn't fit on his list. Noel has a braid in her hair. It has been there for three days. I promise that tonight it will come out and she will bathe. Penny is running and I'm running after her. Gary was injured in a work accident and his knee is puffy and filled with fluid. I'm loving the Fig Newtons crisps and must work hard to not open the bag. Yummy! That is our life. Tonight--I'm going tuck my kids in their beds for the first time in three nights, and then I'm going to tuck myself in. Lovely.

1 comment:

one blessed mama said...

love all the ramblings. youre speaking my language. love u. see you in a week!!