Thursday, May 5, 2011

Sick

This is the Sprick house and don't come in. We are sick.

Last night Penny went to Urgent Care. Oh how I detest making the Urgent Care decision! "Can we wait for the doctor tomorrow? What if it is nothing and then we paid a ton? I just want to put her in bed so I'm done being a parent for awhile!" And on and on. We went and almost left because I was sick of waiting. Plus, Miss Penelope is walking around the waiting room greeting everyone and proving that she is indeed not sick. Double ear infection and strep throat. Um, she is indeed not feeling well.

"Good Morning Simon!" I said this morning along with a big hug. Hmmm, you feel warm. Yup, 102. Sorry buddy, you can't go to school today. Garrison responds with "Simon, you are going to miss the Mother's Day celebration, but it's o.k., God will heal you." Simon seemed consoled that he was going to miss the party that I was going to attend with him. I'm so glad that God indeed heals.

After I returned home from attending said Mother's Day Extravaganza (which was fabulous!) with Garrison, I greeted Noel with a hug. Hmmmm, you feel warm. Yup, 101.6. Sorry honey, you won't be able to go to school tomorrow. You are sick. Suddenly she began to cry, not because of missing school, but because it is the right thing to do in order to obtain more sympathy. Sad for her, I'm on to this little game.

Now both of their throats hurt. What do you think it is? The doctor (whom I adore) is getting us in tomorrow for lots of swabbing. :)

Now I've received lots of sympathy from friends and from family regarding this sick situation. Yes, it is challenging at times. Yes, I need to have more patience when whiny Noel shows up. Yes, I have a chart going of who got what medication at what time. Truth is, we are blessed. We haven't been through a bad illness all winter. My kids are sick. It is what I signed up for when we decided to have children. The only bad thing will be if I get sick. PRAY THAT I DON'T GET SICK! :) Oh, and Gary just called. He won't be home until much later. He got called out to work. You know what? I wouldn't trade my life for anything!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

It sounds like you were thinking about Penny how I was thinking about Megan. I took her in once last fall to check her ears and it was nothing. I felt rather dumb that I just had a fussy baby that I didn't know what to do with. So, now I always hesitate. She probably had it for a few days now but I waited. I didn't even dare ask today, so Paul did. Glad he did.

One great thing about kids not feeling the best is long naps! It is all just a part of motherhood, though, isn't it!