I don't remember what it was about. Perhaps it will pop in my head after I empty some things out. Right now my head is filled with my blow up. Yup. I lost it in the car on the way home from a friend's house. Add together this equation:
Friends over last night for a BBQ and going to bed 1 1/2 hours later than usual
+
Getting up at the usual time
+
Eating lunch later than usual
+
Eating at Wendy's with mom and her four ducks
+
Being shown crumbling palm branches from Palm Sunday in the back of the car
+
seeing a pinata torn apart in the back of the car
+
seeing tons of "treasures" in the back of the car
+
seeing clothing in the back of the car
+
seeing trash in the back of the car
+
hot
=
mom losing it in the car. Stupid pinata.
My boys. . . no matter how hard I try to remember. . . feel the need to destroy things. I'm not sure why this is, but they do. They pull things apart all the time. Curiosity? Boredom? Being silly? Sometimes I'm o.k. with it, sometimes I celebrate it, sometimes. . . . grrrrr
"That's it! When we get home you are cleaning up the back of this car!" We arrive home, I give them a garbage bag. They've returned to the house four times now. Once to dump out the garbage (the bag was 1/4 full). The second time was to go to the bathroom and get a drink. The third time someone had to poop. The last time I saw them they needed to cool off their heads. They've been working for fifty minutes. Hmmmm I'm glad I have the keys inside the house. Who knows what else they are destroying in there. Welcome to summer.
2 comments:
Oh no - doesn't sound like the best start to the first day of summer vacation. Maybe the tension was building though and now it's out, so it can only get better from here!!! :)
I never had "it" so I can not lose it. I do however COMPLETELY live what happened to you, OFTEN.
Its OK to get a little loud every once in a while.
Post a Comment