2. While at a playdate, there was a little boy who Garrison became friends with. This boy wasn't as friendly as what Garrison was. . . and he began chasing Garrison and scaring him. You know, typical stuff. No big deal. Garrison finally got sick of it and asked him to stop and the kid didn't stop. Garrison then came to me, didn't tattle (proud of him!), but told me that he was done playing with this boy. Meanwhile, the boy has followed him and is looking at me as to what I'm going to do. I politely replied that they didn't have to play anymore and that Garrison can go and play with his brother now. Thanks. Noel--have I mentioned she is a fireball?--steps in and calls this boy out. "You better stop being mean to my brother. You are not being nice and you need to stop." The boy looked at her and walked away. Then, this boys little brother kept throwing wood chips at Simon and Simon was not amuzed. After another instance of this boy throwing wood chips, Noel got involved. It was hilarious! Simon had gone away and as this boy was beginning to throw chips at Noel, she looked him straight in the eye and said "You will stop throwing chips at my brother and at me. That is not nice." The kid looked at her and held his pose for a moment. Then he threw his chips in the opposite direction. Let me tell ya--I want Noel on my team.
3. As I mentioned earlier, Gary's Grandma Arlene died while we were at the cottage. The memorial service is Monday with burial on Sunday. Gary and I are leaving the kids and going up to Wisconsin with just the two of us. It'll be great to celebrate her life. It'll be great to spend time with just the two of us. It'll be great to see Mom and Dad Petty (Gary's folks). It has been great to see friends volunteer to help out with our kids. I'm humbled and praying like mad that they sleep well, listen well, and play well.
4. I'm doing well on my weight loss journey. I thought things at the cottage went well, but the scale proclaimed very loudly that they hadn't. Back on the train! Hopefully I'll have a better weigh-in on Monday morning. I've been getting compliments from folks. It makes me feel good. I feel more comfortable defecting compliments. I'm not good at receiving them. I'm trying to just learn to say "thanks".
5. We've had a bit of a rough week this week at the Sprick house. I've been off and feeling kind of lousy. The kids were coming off an amazing vacation and seem to have had trouble with re-entry. The boys both showed off their private parts to friends tonight. There have been many many many time-outs this week as well as plenty of yelling. Hopefully we'll get our grove on. School begins next week and I think it'll be great for all of us.
6. The boys got to go to school and meet their teacher. They love her already. It is the first time that their teacher is going to truly be a significant part of their life. Kindergarten every day. There will be someone who is teaching them to read and getting to know everything about them and spending lots of time with them. I'm excited and a bit nervous. I haven't done this before. Hopefully they'll make it on the right bus home.
7. Penny. Oh is the girl making me work for my money.
She. Won't. Stop. Climbing.
Counters. Tables. Chairs. Stairs. She is everywhere and into everything. She also discovered slides this week. While at a park, she kept on climbing up the stairs and going head first down the slide. I could not stop her. She is fast. She enjoys it. She keeps going at it. Her body ends up in the strangest positions. . . she loves it and I have visions for the future which include climbing out of her crib, rock climbing, many broken bones and several hundred stitches.
1 comment:
your family is absolutely precious!
Post a Comment