Tuesday, August 9, 2011

A week. . . seriously?

A week has passed? Really?
We celebrated Garrison's birthday. I now have a six year old and I'm so thankful. I'm thankful that God matched us up. He is a great kid. We invited my folks over for supper to celebrate. Garrison was born on my dad's birthday, so we celebrated dad's birthday as well. If you ever have a chance to spend some one-on-one time with my boy, you'll be better for it. Watch his eyes--they'll give you lots of clues as to who he is. I love him.

We had friends over this week-end. It was fun to visit and see our Chicago friends and have even more noise in our house. Farmer's Market, movies, Dutch Village, and general mayhem reigned.

I had the opportunity to give the Sunday sermon at Camp Roger. I loved driving out to one of my favorite places in the world. I loved sharing God's Word with kids. It was a wonderful afternoon and I pray that the Holy Spirit was able to take what I said use it. Plus, I got another Camp Roger t-shirt. BONUS! I had been struggling with this one and just didn't feel anointed as to what to talk about. I asked several people to pray about it for me and God said "yes!". I loved going out there confident in what God wanted to say through me. Bless Him.

On Sunday God hit me with a one, two, three. I love it when He does that! I've been more disciplined about getting up early to spend time with Him. Amazing how much better I feel when I do that. Shocker! I'd been praying about a few things and EVERY ONE OF THEM was addressed during the service on Sunday. There was something confirmed. There was an answer to a prayer given. And I was challenged to change a blemish in my life. Lord, keep'em coming!

Vacation next week to the cottage with the Koeman family. Dad will not be coming to visit. We are moving forward, but we aren't on solid ground yet. Every person in my family is working through, praying hard, forgiving and wrestling. Dad is doing the same. We look forward to the day when we'll all be reunited. Wonderful. Scary. Good.

I'm going to be an aunt soon! My brother Ryan and my sister-in-law Kate are due with their second at the end of the week. I'm jumping for the phone! My sister called this week-end and I got so excited because I thought we were getting "the news". ACK! We are praying for a healthy birth. I'm so excited to meet this very important person in my life. Yeah!!!

My kids are fighting a ton. Not sure why. It is what it is.

I'm a supermodel! Not really. I am doing great on my weight loss goals. I was even able to wear a new/old outfit that now fit to church on Sunday. It feels good.

Ta-ta for now!

1 comment:

Little's said...

Wow! You are so busy!! I am so glad I found your blog again. Saw you from a distance on Sunday and you look SO GOOD! Way to go!!!