Sunday, November 6, 2011

Bless God

Hi friends
Join me in praising God that my parents are living together. Yup, no type-o's here, just two married folks living together in sobriety.

1. Thanks for journeying with us.
2. It has been two years and two months.
3. New reasons to pray!

Though they are together (did I mention that already?!?), there is still much to pray for and be supportive of. It will be a new way of life for both of them. Every day is still a challenge for dad. You don't EVER stop being an addict and it is so easy to fall back into your addiction (look at the statistics if you desire) or to change over to a new addiction.
It will be easy to forget about us Koemans or to continue to run away from us at the beach or grocery store (see previous post). It will be easy to think that everything is hunky dory doo and move on. I asked you two years ago if you'd join our army. . . and army dedicated to praying for my mom and dad. So many of you have been faithful warriors and I'm thankful. . . my family is thankful. I hope you continue to pray for us as we adjust to our new normal and all the great and challenging things that come with it. Our God is mighty to save!

1 comment:

LJFredricks said...

Yea! Yea! Yea! COngratulations! We will continue to pray!