I didn't participate in an alphabet thanksgiving countdown or a daily Facebook Thanksgiving post. I didn't blog every day. Nevertheless, I'm thankful. I could list everything I'm thankful for, but I'd never be finished and you'd get bored. My gratitude is never ending thanks to my God. He gives, I rejoice and hopefully give it back to Him every day.
We did go around our Thanksgiving table and share what we are thankful for with my side of the family. I love listening to them give thanks. We are in fact worshiping together and that is great. Gary was gone working: yet I was thankful. He has a job. He likes his job. Penny didn't want to nap and woke up her cousins, yet I was thankful. I have her and she had a sleepy-do day the next day when there were fewer people to entertain her. Several of my siblings couldn't be at Thanksgiving, yet I was thankful. I love my sisters-in-law tons and I missed them. Not everyone can say that. I brought a meal to my brother who was home with a sick Tessa and we had a nice conversation, one which we probably wouldn't have had if we had been at my folks together.
So we sat at the table Thursday afternoon and something happened that hasn't happened for three years. My parents sat together. Yup, there is tons to be thankful for.
No comments:
Post a Comment