My mom hosted a get together for the Koeman aunts and cousins. I'm proud to be a member of the Koeman clan. I love these people and don't see them very much. Growing up we got together often, especially during this time of year. We did Thanksgiving, got our Christmas trees followed by hot chocolate and cookies in someone's garage, Christmas parties, and sleigh rides on the farm. We camped in the summer. I learned to ride a bike on a Koeman camping trip.
I loved sitting and laughing with my cousins on Saturday and I'm thankful for the heritage given to my by my family. Not every family is perfect--the Koeman's certainly aren't. Don and Julia must have done a few things right. (That's my grandma and grandpa.) Cool to see God taking care of the generations and continuing to bless my family.
2 comments:
awe, I'm jealous! That would have been a lot of fun to visit with everyone. I have the same fond memories of Christmas trees, hot cocoa, camping, and hanging out on the farm. Other shared memories are Florida and Friday night swimming/pizza or hotdog nights. :)
Hope all is well with you and yours Shanda!
Love (cousin) Kim
Saturday morning was great fun! Thanks to your Mom and you girls for pulling it together. (I tried to resist the wonderful food and failed as well.) I remember many of the same things as you and Kim, but not the Friday night swimming nights. I must have been old and out of the house by that time. Missed out!!
Post a Comment