Friday, November 18, 2011

Reaction

I got on Facebook yesterday and vented. This is a-typical for me and I should probably remove it. I don't like to use Facebook in this regard.

I had just had it. I was frustrated and there was nothing I could do about it. See. . . rather than get my kids pictures taken at school: one shot, say cheese, no choice, quite pricey. . . . Boo, I tried local photography studio which offers to match, so we went with it. Choices, poses, laughter. . . it was a good time.

Anyway, the pictures were taken on September 23. I ordered them the day after they were posted on-line--Sept. 29 or 30. THEY didn't order them until October 12. Hence, my boys have no pictures to trade on picture trading day--which was today. That's o.k. says the teacher, they can trade an eraser. Seriously? An eraser? How about they trade chicken pox germs or blades of grass?!?

"Never Fear!" Between super dad and creative mom, we solved this problem. Since I was up four times with Penny in the middle of the night and enjoyed her company beginning at 5:45 this morning, I had plenty of time to think. Meijer might make little pictures. Indeed they do. Gary found a silly picture of Simon and I took a cock-eyed picture of Garrison. Gary uploaded and at 10:00 this morning, 44 wallet photos were ready to be written on by said children. I loved watching my boys write their names so proudly on those pictures. Lovely.

So--I won't use this studio again. I won't react on facebook again (well, I'll try)--although I told them I would tell others not to use them, so I fulfilled my promise. DeVries Studios. There, I told more people. I will remember that even in the middle of the night when my daughter is not sleeping but rather wailing, I might think of a good idea. I will remember that my boys won't ever remember trading these pictures, but they would have remembered giving their friends an eraser.

1 comment:

LJFredricks said...

Bahaha. They TOTALLY would have remembered trading an eraser. What an outstanding mother you are!! Also go with WalcottImaging everytime. They offer free sittings several times a year so there is nothing to loose. WE WILL TALK ABOUT THIS. Are there any pictures for my fridge?