Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Yeah! and Boo!

Yup, we aren't changing the world here. . . unless you count raising kids the best that we can so that they be kingdom changers wherever God takes them. Hey---I guess I am changing the world. Here are my recent Yeahs and Boos.

*I did lose 3.5 pounds last week. Yeah! I celebrated by doing an extra bit of work-out. Yeah! And eating some M&M's. Boo!
*I did apologize to my kids for yelling at them too loudly. I recognized that they did do things wrong and I was angry. That is fine. I didn't have to yell so much though. Boo. It is something that is getting better because I'm praying about it and being very aware. God is a patient with me. Yeah!
*We dog sat for my brother this week-end. The kids LOVED Maggie and played a ton with her. Yeah! I vacuumed three times and filled it all the way to the "Max" line each time with dog hair. Boo!
*I have finally and successfully made chicken noodle soup. Yeah! It has always seemed to elude me.
*I was prompted by the Holy Spirit to write to a friend that I sensed was hurting. Boo! on the hurting. Yeah! that I did what I was nudged to do because it was encouraging. I'm hoping I can do more "hearing" of the Holy Spirit.
*We had friends over on Saturday night for a Thanksgiving feast. If it is so good--we should do it more often. Yeah!
*I finally fit into one of my coats that I love love love. Yeah! It is missing two buttons and looks funny when I wear it. Boo!
*November 10 marked three years that Simon has been our son. Yeah! Oh, that deserves two yeahs. Yeah! Yeah!
*Penny is 18 months old today. Yeah! See previous post on my little pumpkin. Boo! :)
*My boys collected about 600 pencils. Boo! They spend hours playing with them and creating designs, cities, patterns, instruments and various others things with them. Yeah!

My cup runneth over and despite a few Boos along the way, I am blessed and grateful. God has given me a pretty cool life.

No comments: