I'm feeling a little homesick. Homesick for our church.
I missed this Sunday because we had a sick kiddo. Gary had to serve because he had to do sound. I also needed to serve by teaching the 3 year old children's worship. Thankfully all I needed to do was to post a request on facebook and there were three people offering to help me. I just love so many things about church. I look forward to it every week. I enjoy the worship, the preaching, and the amazing people. Church has become especially important to me because I am loving growing in the Lord. Plus, as a stay at home mama I really enjoying having a break from the kids as well as grown-ups to talk with. I've made some wonderful friends at church and just feel so overwhelming blessed.
I'm homesick because I'll also be missing the next three Sundays. Three. We'll be camping this coming week-end with some folks from church. We'll worship together at the campground. Then the following week-end, we'll be in Branson celebrating Papa Petty's life. I know that this will be wonderful and terribly difficult as well. The next Sunday will see us worshiping at the Conference Grounds.
A month without my home church. I'm so thankful that we have found a wonderful home at Holland Heights Church. You are more than welcome to visit anytime!
1 comment:
And you were missed this morning. There were not that many kids in nursery or Children's Worship today which definitely signaled the beginning of summer. Funny how you missed being at church because I felt lonely today because so many people were gone - and we will probably be there every single week this summer while others are gone. I will be more than ready to have you back in July!
Post a Comment