Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Video viewing

I sat down at the computer this afternoon to dig up the photos from this week-end and post a little blog entry.  We had a blast camping.  Great.  Loved it.  Eager to go again.  You get the idea.

I couldn't find the pictures.  I did find our wedding video though.  I began to watch and couldn't stop.  It was our eighth anniversary yesterday.  Love my man.  I loved watching me look at him.  I'm not sure what I would tell that beautiful young bride if I had the chance other than "You are making a wonderful decision."

Included with all the thoughts of that amazing day were those of my father-in-law.  He was the pastor who married us.  I listened to him.  I watched him.  I cried a little.  He cried during the ceremony because he was just so happy for us.  He told jokes.  He gave us Words from the Lord.  Now he is gone.  We leave on Friday and head south to say good-bye to him.

Now I'm in a strange place.  Watching one video has affected the rest of my day.  I'm in love.  I'm sad.  I'm remembering and reflective.  Wasn't planning on that.  I have too much to do.  I'll trust it was a wonderful God thing.  Celebrating my marriage.  Celebrating my Papa Petty.

I have a feeling that this whole week-end is going to be rather reflective and funny and sad and awkward and sometimes even funny.  Two days after we get home we are off on another camping week.  I'm not excited for the turn around, but I'm thinking now that it might be good.  We are doing to be with our kids just hanging out and having fun together.  It might be just what Dad would have prescribed.

No comments: