This header picture right now is of four of the most important people in my life. And it was taken in July. Hmmm, perhaps I should get on that.
I've been busy and not is a legitimate busy sort of way. I've been living. I've been doing dishes and laundry. I've gotten upset at those beautiful beings pictured above. I've gotten up at 6:15 on most mornings to spend time with the Lord and I've found a new morning verse. "Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul." Psalm 143:8 You can read it over and over again in the morning if you want. The verse isn't just for me. I've sent two boys off to school all day every day. I've been appreciating Mandarin (not learning it. Notice how I did NOT say learning it.) I've been checking facebook. I've been cooking. I've been gaining more than losing weight. I've been trying to show my husband that I love him. I've been trying to pick up the phone more and make connections. Hiking. Walking. Praying. Playing the piano. Deepening friendships. Buying another house. Working on my speech for February. Having surgery. Failing at potty training my youngest. Getting sucked into Dancing with the Stars. Completing my year of reading through the Bible on December 28.
See, I've been busy since July.
January 1 is a great time to think about the year and reflect on the past year. Gary and I did just that last night as we remembered the emotional year that was. The cool thing is that God didn't leave us once. Not once. Not in the good times (cottage vacation!) or the hard times (remember Simon in the hospital for 19 days?). He is showing us the way we should go.
I'm finally at the point where I'd like to slow life down a bit. Been there? I'm picturing Garrison walking out of my house for college and I don't like it. We are racing.
I don't know what this year will hold, but I know who holds it. I plan to get down to my ideal weight once and for all. I plan to grow closer to the Lord. I plan to cry when my baby attends school. I plan to never buy diapers again for one of my own. I plan to finish two scrapbooks. I plan to hold at least two new babies this year (friends---not me! Friends!!!) I plan.
Because I plan I know that things won't go as they should. :) It's o.k. God's got it and God's got me. Now, I should plan to update that photo. . . and maybe blog about Christmas. Hey, the wisemen were a little late showing up. I can still celebrate.
No comments:
Post a Comment