Friday, April 26, 2013

God's Book

Penny crawled on my lap this morning at 6:50.  This is sleeping in for her and I'm thankful.  I had my Bible open and was pondering about Ruth and Naomi.  I think I may talk about them for my next speech.  It is only a week and a half away and I need to get trucking!  Don't you think they gave value to each other?  They enabled the other one to hold their head higher?  Correct me if you won't see it.  I wouldn't want to teach un-truth.

Penny asked about that book and I told her it was God's Word.  She responded with "Jesus is Alive!" in her shouting voice.  (We've celebrated Jesus is Alive! around our table when we read or talk about the Easter story.  She'll do it for you.)  I smiled and hugged her closer.  On a side note--one of the reasons why I hug her closer is that her breath smells good in the morning.  I love it.  Strange?  Yes I am.  Noel--stay away little girl!  As my friend Dave would say--her breath could kill a small woodland creature.

I told her that yes indeed Jesus is alive.  I continued by saying that this book is God's Word to us and tells us about how much He loves us and how we can live for Him.  It tells us stories about Noah and Adam and Eve. . .and then I was interrupted.  "And Cinderella!" she joyously exclaimed!  "And we are going to go to Cinderella's castle!"  She about came off of my lap she was so excited.

Nope.  Cinderella is not in the Bible.  We recently told the kids that we were going to Disney world this year after Thanksgiving.  Gary's mom is taking us and we are so excited to spend a week with her--and Cinderella.  We'll keep working on the Bible stories.  :)

No comments: