I have pretty high standards when it comes to the service industry. I'm not sure where that came from, but I'm discovering that I place a high value on it. I've even blogged about it. I love the Drury Inn. . . mostly because of the amazing service. I love it and I love it that when I pay for a room. . . it comes with a wonderful staff. Ruth was my server Friday night at 84 East and was so wonderful. Smile, polite, refills. . . .good stuff.
Lately my expectation has been getting in my way. See, I'm having a hard time letting injustices in the service industry go. I keep thinking about it. I keep wanted to make it right. I keep getting frustrated because folks (me and friends of mine) aren't being treated right. I find myself trying to think of ways to get justice!
So do I have too high of standards or am I in the right? Do I speak up and call businesses out? It might mean dissolved friendships or a severed business relationship. I'm struggling with this. I know I sound cryptic. Perhaps I need to be--for fear. This isn't the way things should be. Maybe I should speak up more. Then I also appear crabby.
Though I'm thankful that our adoption agency brought Simon and the Spricks together, their service was terrible! We quietly tell folks who ask us that we don't recommend them. Lately, I've discovered another family at our school that is going through a horrible experience with the agency we used! Perhaps I should have been super vocal. Perhaps I should have plastered it every week all over Facebook. That may not be the answer either. For the record--please if you feel called to adopt AMEN! YEAH! Being called to parenthood whether biological or through adoption is Kingdom work. Just please don't use All God's Children International.
I'm frustrated with a local campground for putting us on a waiting list where there were spots available. I saw them on-line. I called about them. Four weeks later we received a call saying that a spot had opened up for us. Hmm. You obviously don't want my business. We are going elsewhere.
Last winter I left a dentist office because the woman who checked me out didn't smile at me, and after I filled out the survey I received via e-mail I received a phone call from her. From her! Talk about awkward. My current dentist is in limbo with me because when I called to tell them that a crown had cracked, they told me they could help me in about three weeks. Three weeks! Shouldn't a service industry designed to help with tooth problems help with emergencies? I told her I was in pain. "Well, we can find something in three weeks." No thanks.
An error for the second time registering Noel for rec sports.
"I'll text you tomorrow" says a banker to Gary. He doesn't hear for six days.
Am I nuts? Are my expectations too high? I'm not sure.
No comments:
Post a Comment