Friday, April 26, 2013

Gynastics

The title of this entry is spelled correctly.  This is how Noel says "gymnastics".  To her it is gynastics.  She also saying "linening room" and "Anglish".  I don't correct her because I like it.  I'm the mom so I can do that.

Noel is in gymnastics one night a week for 50 minutes.  She likes it and so do we.  She received a letter about a month ago from the gym inviting her to try-out for the competitive team.  Try-outs are tonight from 4:30-7:30.  That is a long time for my little 5 1/2 year old.

I have no idea if they send this to every child or if my child is indeed worthy of being on the competitive team.  Gary and I decided to let her try-out and then make a decision after that.  She can continue with gymnastics in the rec program.  We'll just wait to hear what the coaches say.

I must say I'm a bit proud.  BUT I'm more proud of what her teacher said to me this week.  "Noel has been doing so much better.  There hasn't been as much drama."  Yup.  My girl isn't throwing a fit every day in school about insignificant issues!  Isn't that great!?!  Gary and I are always stressing character stuff over skill stuff.

I made Noel eat a peanut butter/nutella sandwich.  I tried to get her to take a nap (uh...nope).  I packed a little snack bag with cheese, orange slices, crackers and a nutra-grain bar inside.  Water and a drink box round it out.  We are ready.  And I'm not forgetting.  :)

By the way--baseball practice tomorrow morning for Garrison at 10:00.  T-ball practice for Noel at 11:00.  I'm remembering those as well.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

It is true. I've noticed a definite difference in Noel at school too. She's doing well! :)

Hope she (and you) enjoy her evening!