Thursday, April 18, 2013

Perspective

I burst into tears this morning as I read a message from our friend Kyla to Gary.  Quite the juxtaposition to my crying last night.  Yesterday had been a long day of potty training and Gary working and no freedom to leave the house and a few whining children.  Crying released the stress of it all.

This morning was different.  My morning tears showed my broken heart.  Kyla is our friend in China who ran the program/orphanage where Simon was raised.  She sent us a message describing three little boys who have been "left behind".  I read those words to Gary and I lost it.  Three children among the millions who have been "left behind".  She is nervous for one little boy to go to school this fall because of the teasing he'll receive because of his looks.  One cutie can't bend his elbows. Ahhhh!  I want them all to have homes!  Right then I prayed for these little guys and wished I had the money to pay for each of their adoptions.

It makes potty training seem trivial.

No comments: