Both boys chose soccer. This is a decision that I was not unhappy with at all. Soccer is sweet! Moving, working with a team, can practice by yourself, with another person, or with lots of others. . . good stuff. I signed them up and off they went for five mornings. I greeted them on their last day and collected their "evaluations" that they had in hand. It was later that night that I actually read it and it made me laugh. So. Much. I still laugh when I'm talking about it.
Two boys. Two Sprick boys. Two very different at soccer Sprick boys.
Simon far excels at soccer over Garrison. I'm thankful because with Garrison being so much bigger, he often can do more just because of his size (i.e. roller coasters at Silver Dollar City. . . throwing farther--he weighs 40 pounds more. . . stronger swimming etc.) Simon's comments from his coach included "you have a great touch on the ball and a great ability to pass!" "Continue to work on getting good touches by taking the ball with you wherever you go!" He does have a good touch on the soccer ball. The boy is good and he is fast. He is the best runner in our family. Coach Christian could see it too. Good job my son!
Garrison--well Garrison's comments were different. There was not one comment about Garrison's passing or ball handling. Instead I read this "You have lots of energy which is a great thing for soccer!" "Continue to learn how to use the energy in a positive manner." There was also this "A single player with a good energy level can help improve practices and game for all the other teammates." I'm thinking that Garrison signed up for cheer leading camp and not soccer camp. :) He is a bit of a clodhopper on the field, but he doesn't stop smiling and is quick to tell someone good job. The coach also made a comment about keeping his ball by him. My guess is that Garrison often lost his ball. (Shaking head while smiling.)
I'm proud of them both. Proud that they went to camp and worked hard and can hang with kids their own age on the playground. Proud that they are my sons. Aren't they so handsome. . . and grown up?!?
No comments:
Post a Comment