Monday, July 8, 2013

What a little prayer will do

We had burgers on Friday night.  Gary is a wonderful grilling machine, but I also love to grill.  I enjoy putting a meal together and decided to grill our burgers.  They turned out great!  I always make extra because they are my favorite meal and I enjoy them for many lunches to follow.  While the grill was hot, I decided to grill up the brats as well.  We planned a birthday party for Garrison and Noel on Sunday night at our house and brats was on the menu.  I was going to put a quick sear on them.  Then on Sunday, I'd put them in the crockpot with onions and beer and let em ride.  Oh so very good!

So everything went well.  I pulled all of the burgers off the grill and put all of the brats on.  I finished up last minute meal stuff and called everyone to the table.  I stepped outside to flip the brats.  They looked great.  GREAT.  PERFECT.  I went inside and sat down.  We prayed together and I turned and looked at the grill.  Smoke.  Lots and lots of smoke.  I went outside and found a very large fire fed by brat grease and little sausages charred beyond edible.


Being the frugal person that I am, I took a paring knife and peeled all of the char off of the brats.  The insides were cooked and quite delicious.  Gary and I enjoyed those later.  Later that night I sent Gary back to Meijer to buy 20 more brats.  We had them last night and they were perfect.  I stood right by the grill and babysat them the entire time!  Lesson learned.  :)

No comments: