Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Summer re-cap so far

How's it going for ya?  We've had some great moments--like crazy cool raining and jumping on the tramp moments--and some "wow. . . did that really come out of my mouth" moments.  We've celebrated greatness and we've all apologized.  All.  Of.  Us.  I'm really glad that my kids are so great at forgiving me.  

I also woke up mad this morning.  Mad at Gary.  I had a dream and he was not nice to me.  I woke up in a funk and it took me awhile to get over it.  Of course I was laughing later, but I don't like that feeling!  I also don't like having two of my children consistently wake up early.  Too early.  The other too are late sleepers.  Mornings were great the first week and have become more challenging.  I'm not sure why this is, but I continue to think about it and try to tweak things.  How do I keep my kids motivated to do their Duck Duties?  How do we have some sort of routine when kids are getting up at such different times?  Things to ponder.

My tomatoes are not doing well, but my flowers look amazing.  After a banner tomato year last year and a major loss of flowers. . . perhaps next year everything will fall into place.

I'm praying about a lot of things.  I seem to have some wonderful friends with specific prayer requests.  I like praying.  I like thinking about my loved ones throughout the day and praying for them.  It hurts my heart though that things keep washing over those around me.

The "stress" of the summer has affected my eating in that I'm doing more of it.  This is not good.  That is all I will say.

I'm liking my haircut more and more.  There is still a part of me that feels like I said "good-bye" to being young when I went to short hair.  Can you relate?  I'm also struggling with a lack of television entertainment that I enjoy.  I don't watch TV during the day, but Gary and I like to sit at night and we are at a loss many evenings.

We instituted a new consequence for the consistent problem my kids seem to have with not clearing their place.  Just clear your glass!  So now rather then getting frustrated again, I simply say "oops, Noel.  You forgot to clear your spot again.  Please do that and then pick up five more things.  Thanks."  I do it kinda sing-songy too which makes me feel great.  They shake their heads and just do it.  We do occasionally have to go over the "understanding" that five Lego's do not count as a completion.  My house is more picked up and I kinda get happy when I see junk on the table.  Part of me kinda hopes that they keep doing leaving stuff because I appreciate the help.

We put together a fund-raising video and I like it.  I really like it.  Now we are sitting on it for awhile and let is rest and then I'll watch it again with new eyes.  I'm not sure when to release something like that.  Are there guidelines?  It'll be posted here and I'll post on Facebook that it is here.  I just am not edumacated on these sorts of issues.

That is where we are.  Gary is gone tonight working on rental stuff.  It has been a busy week in that area as well.  He has off tomorrow for the 4th and we've got nothin'.  I've felt a little like a loser, but I think we'll go to the beach for a little in the morning and then we'll roast brats over the fire and do our own fireworks in the backyard.  It isn't spectacular, but we'll be together and that is cool.  I know we'll have fun because we'll be together.

Happy Birthday America!


No comments: