I blogged for a few days in a row there and then I hid for a bit. My kids are into hiding and then jumping out and saying "Boo!" too loudly. (Hence the title of this post.) Ah, I'm so clever.
I'm here to tie up some loose ends and then we are off again for the grand finale of our summer: THE COTTAGE. (cue the organ music) We love vacationing with the Koeman family at Fremont Lake. I'll have many many pictures of the week considering I love taking photos. Last year there were over 800. I'm hoping for less this time around. We are doing new stuff this year including each family cooking a meal, the Spricks are switching cabins, and we are bring "melty beads". Our friends the Mersmans introduced us to these while camping and the kids are excited. Officially they are pearler beads. They make little plastic shapes that are useless and I have to bring an iron. They do inspire creativity and my kids love to work on them. They'll be perfect for a rainy day. Thanks you Hobby Lobby and Amazon.com.
The visit with Mrs. Mary our social worker went great on Tuesday. I really enjoyed listening to my children answer questions about how they feel about Michael and what their strengths are. (Garrison said he was good at finding treasures and jumping on the trampoline. He purchased a cordless phone and a candle today at the thrift store. God bless him.) Because it was so fascinating, I want to be more intentional about asking my children questions about who they are and what they believe. For example, Noel announced that God has told her that she needs to work with animals. After all, she had helped "that moth that one time". She is very serious about it. We have just a few documents to finish and then our home study will be complete. We'll submit it, wait 2-4 weeks and get our time/date that we need to get fingerprinted. Then we'll wait another 2-4 weeks to see if we passed and then we get some blah blah form saying we are good to go. During this waiting time, we need to be collecting our documents for our dossier. This is the packet that is sent to China and is the very official one. More on this when the time comes. It is fun to see one of our goals getting closer to being completed.
This week was spent doing doctor stuff. All four kids went to the dentist at the same time. Yup--rock-n-roll baby! We only had one cavity (Garrison!) and two kids with "crowding" in their mouths (Simon and Noel). Braces are in our future. Sweet!!--I was hoping to pay for that as an adult rite of passage. I went to the dentist as well. Plus, all four kids had their yearly physicals--two at a time. Our doctor won't schedule all of them at once. We do make quite the scene because everyone comes with me. Those offices are quite small when Sprick Nation arrives. Things look good and adoption forms were filled out (yup--the kids had to have a doctor's approval too!). Garrison needs to eat more veggies, Noel needs nasal spray, Penny might not outgrow her night terrors until she is 13 (This is now on my prayer list!!!!), and Simon can continue to eat fat. I fed him chicken skin this afternoon. :) When we had ham the other night, we all passed our fat to him. He loves it and he needs it. Each child listened to their heart beating and smiled with big eyes. Penny heard hers and told the nurse that Jesus was in there. She also said it was playing Jesus Loves Me--and then sang a bit with the nurse.
We'll take a week off and then be back with adventures and pictures from the cottage. God bless!
No comments:
Post a Comment