Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Divine Appointments

I believe in divine appointments.  My God is so very big and yet cares so very much for little ole Shanda that He can (and does) work in a variety of ways in my life.  One of those ways is to orchestrate a meeting with someone that was totally and completely about Him.  It is often very surprising to me (it shouldn't be), and yet when it happens I have the opportunity to praise His Name.

Sunday night I had a divine appointment.  I had heard from my friend Sarah Sunday morning after church about a woman she met at a block party who was also adopting from China.  We were even using the same agency.  It was suggested that I meet up with her.  I'm not good at meeting up with people.  I don't like to meet new people.  I don't know what to say.  I'm awkward. . . more than usual.  I just don't get excited about it.  I mentioned that I'd look her up on Facebook.  That seems really easy.  And safe.  And non-committal.  You know---Shanda/esk.

So Sunday evening as I was leaving the church picnic, Sarah asked if I'd like to go for a quick walk.  You betcha I would.  (See--you already know what is going to happen right?!?)  I went over to her house and we walked for three minutes until we came to Michelle's house.  She was on her porch.  She was waiting for us and didn't even know it!  I hugged her.  (Remember how I said I can be awkward when meeting new people?  See above paragraph if you have forgotten.)  Then Sarah, Michelle and I sat on her front porch for almost two hours and talked and laughed and cried a little.  We talked adoption and family and God and special needs and how to name kids. . . it was so very awesome and I shook my head and smiled when I thought about how of course God would put us together and I was all doubting it.

But--things get better.  Hard to believe right?  See, Michelle and I are in the same stages of our adoption paperwork AND we are using the same agency SO it is very possible that

We will be traveling to China together!!!!

See how God did that?  See how when I had just talked with Gary about how I feel like things are going slow God showed me a very good reason why they are as they are.  He is not late.  He is aware of our entire situation.  He knows when the best time will be for Michael to enter our family.  He knows that Michelle might be exactly who I need to travel with me.  He's got it.  All of it.  I really hope He chooses to put me on a plane with my new friend Michelle and I'll get to hang out for a week with her and her sweet new daughter in China.  I think I'll add it to my prayer list and hopefully He'll say yes.

No comments: