Something is different today. Something that has never happened in this house before.
Penny is taking her afternoon nap. The other kids are in school. All Day. All three of them. All Day Long.
That is it. I turned off the radio to sit in the quiet. I did some work without checking on kids or hearing laughter or fighting. I didn't set the timer for ipad time. For the first time in FOUR years, I didn't have to go to school in the middle of the day to drop someone off.
This has never happened before and it is going to keep happening for the next 9 months.
So. . . I'm going to need a plan. I'm going to need a few goals. . .things I need to get accomplished. I'll get there. For today though, I'm still enjoying the quiet. When I'm done on the computer I'm going to blast some music and do some housework. I have a new normal and come 3:30, I'll be ready to welcome my kids into the van. Too bad they'll complain because we need to go and pick up our farm share before we can go home.
That's o.k.--as soon as the first complaint comes out I'll begin to laugh.
Actually, I've been laughing inside all day already.
This is so much fun.
2 comments:
i'm THAT mom that goes SKIPPING down the sidewalk on the first day of school.
there is always a hint of guilt, which quickly subsides. ;)
everyone is better when schools in progress.....we all need structure, we all need routine.
I, for one NEED 'me' time. I'm over feeling guilty about that. don't get me wrong, I LOVE having my kids home....but when the first day of school comes, we can ALL admit (come on fellow moms, I know you have to be hearing me on this one!), that us moms just do better when we have some time to 're-group' during the day?!?
can I get an AMEN??
you have spent the last number of years preparing them to spread their wings and fly. let's embrace that, knowing that they're in a good place, surrounded by good people that want the very best things for them too.
so please, forgive me for giving them a little nudge (PUSH) out of the nest. ;)
that all being said, I DID shed a tear this year after dropping them off but it was all dried up within 60 seconds.
yes. it. was.
Amen Traci! I've loved every stage or parenting so far (mostly) and am loving this as well. Nap time soon again here and then. . . a whole afternoon to recharge and just do and just be! :)
Post a Comment