Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Hey, it's Tuesday.

I just came in from picking up outside.  The wind is picking up and though the radar says that storm will miss us, I'm trying to be optimistic.  I love a good storm.  Love it.

The last things I picked up were two plastic bags.  The kids grabbed them so that they could put them on their hands and pick apart a dead mouse.  Simon was carrying the mouse around on a tennis racket and picking it apart with a stick.  Garrison wore the plastic.  I loved it.  Science at school and at home!

School began today.  It is the first time in four years that I won't need to do a drop off and/or pick up at during the day.  I didn't feel lost today as Gary was home, but talk to me next week.  Penny and I will do some adjusting together.  I'm excited though and ready.  I'm ready to take back the house.  We had such a marvelous summer and I bless God for it.  I also cried and got upset with some children on the way to school because they were playing with toys while we were praying.  We are ready for school.

I've been so very encouraged by the response to our video.  Thanks.  Thanks for your words of encouragement.  Thanks for your prayers.  Thanks for the donations that have arrived in our mailbox.  I'm overwhelmed and grateful and uncomfortable and amazed at my God and His people.  As my pastor says, "Let's see what God gives."  He indeed is giving and using our friends to do it.

I haven't been "on" in the past year or so with discernment about what to say "yes" to and what to say "no or not at this time" to.  Committees, positions, meetings. . . I have three things on my plate right now awaiting an answer and I just don't know what to do or what to say.  I'm praying and thinking and talking with Gary.  Any other advice?  I'd love to know what you do to discern what direction the Lord would have you go.  I used to do better (See Gary!), but lately though I feel so very close to the Lord. . . I'm not listening right.  Hmmm

Finally, we celebrated all things Gary this week-end as it was his birthday.  Gifts from the dollar store, dinner and a movie, an all things awesome dune ride in Saugatuck. . . I love him.  I'm better because I'm with him.  As I listened tonight to him tell his story to a long lost friend, I smiled at the strange path Gary took before meeting me.  Mine was all over the place too.  God is so very good.

No comments: