Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Bit by bit

I cut out the box tops for education tag from the Honey Nut Cheerios box and put it in the baggie located in the top drawer.  It may not seem like much, but each time I cut out a top, our school gets ten cents.  There is a drive every January (I think) where the kids bring in their box tops. It is amazing to me how an entire school community can bring in so many little ten cent tags and the school ends up with over five thousand dollars.

Lots of little donations brings together big results.

I just totaled up the donations that friends have given to us for our adoption.  I hardly know what to do such generosity toward our family.  We have received donations from lemonade stands and from pop cans.  We have found checks in the mailbox from former students and found forty dollars in cash from an anonymous donor in our church mailbox on more that one occasion.  Friends popped in last Saturday and handed us a tithe from their summer work.  Several aunts and uncles have sent money as well.  The orphan care team put together the mannequin night at church in September.  Over and over again we have been blessed by the Father through the hands of others.

I am humbled.  I am grateful.  I am speechless.  Thanks.  Thanks for the donations totaling $12,662.63.  Thanks to those who have blessed us financially.  It is one piece of the puzzle, but it seemed like such a huge obstacle for me personally.  God has shown me through you that He is so much bigger than our biggest obstacle.  God owns the cattle on a thousand hills and He sold many of them to help us.

The donations don't cover the entire adoption, but they go a long ways toward helping us. . . toward helping Michael.  He is worth more than any adoption process price tag.


I ran to the mailbox today to see if our fingerprinting approval arrived.  It didn't.  I still blessed God because we didn't receive a rejection letter.  We had our prints done two weeks ago and our approval will hopefully come in 2-4 weeks.  Of course I was hoping for today.

Thanks so much.  Thanks for being a body of believers who believe in us and believe in Michael and his place in our family.  We got his bed ready today!  Soon we'll be welcoming him home.

2 comments:

Dominique said...

Send up prayers that you get your approval soon.

one blessed mama said...

I am way out of the loop. so thankful things are working out well.
your cup overflows with so many blessings!! I can hardly wait to met this pumpkin!
love you friend.