Thursday, November 21, 2013

Standing in Victory!

There is drama happening.  Serious drama.  About a month back I went through a very difficult time of spiritual warfare. . . all stemming from another neighborhood family.  I've claimed victory in Jesus and He has given it to me.

It's back.
Some of the circumstances are different, but the warfare is the same and the evil one is doing his best to disrupt my life again.  He.  Will.  Not.  Win.

NOT.  WIN.

In our Bible study this past week on Gideon, Pricilla Shirer had us work through a lesson on physical weapons vs. spiritual weapons.  We often fight with physical weapons when in reality, it is a spiritual battle and God is asking that we fight with spiritual weapons.  It may not have seemed logical to Gideon to use trumpets, torches and jugs to defeat the Midianites, but that is exactly what God asked him to go.  Not only that, but God gave victory in a very surprising way.

I'm claiming that today and enjoying God's peace.  I'm fighting with faith.  I'm fighting with prayer.  I'm praying for my enemies and for those who persecute me.  I'm enjoying the peace that only comes from trusting in the Lord.  I know that victory will come through God alone and I'm standing on that promise.

So I'm excited today and in the days that follow to see exactly how God takes care of this situation.    I'm sure that it will be cool. . . and nothing that I had thought of.

I'm also praying. . . well begging God to send our fingerprinting.  We were told it would take 2-4 weeks and we are now beyond that.  I have complete faith that this is o.k. and that God is knitting together our journey as only He can.  He knows the best time for us to go to China.  My faith that He has it hasn't stopped me from watching for the mail carrier and rushing to the mailbox.  :)  I'll praise His name when it comes. . . and I'll keep asking for it to come every day.  We are getting closer and I'm getting more and more ready to hold my Michael.

No comments: