I generally don't bake.
Yup, I said it and I'll say it again. I generally don't bake. Why you might ask? Why? Why? Why? Well, there are a couple of reasons. Number One: I love to bake and when I do, I love to eat even more. I love the dough, I love hot baked goods, I love cold baked goods, I love frozen baked goods. It is too tempting for me to bake in this house. Number Two: Sometimes my baked goods don't turn out great because you need to measure so exact. I'm not an exact person. I took a 4-H sewing class and didn't do well because I didn't want to cut exactly on the line. I didn't like sewing exactly along the pins. I won an award for my beautiful skirt because my teacher "helped me finish". :) I love to cook, partly because I can add a little of this, try some of that. . . no measuring.
I'm entering a brownie bake-off contest on Saturday night. I'm using a recipe from Ina Garden (The Barefoot Contessa). I think she is a master baker and I'm sure that her brownie recipe. . . did I say brownie recipe. . . I meant her Peanut Swirl Brownies (peanut butter=peanut in this recipe!) will win first prize. That is of course, if the brownies even make it to the event. Remember what I wrote earlier regarding my affinity for baked goods?
I do want to state for the record that there are a few baked goods that I do really really well. They are my "go-to" things.
1. Rhubarb Pie
2. Peach Pie
3. Apple Pie
4. Whole wheat flax seed chocolate chip cookies
I don't make good regular chocolate chip cookies. I've tried so many times. I'll let you know how my (Ina's) brownies turn out. Stay posted!
1 comment:
i can bake.
dump mix in bowl.
add 1 egg.
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cut water.
flip on Kitchen Aid.
bake at 350 for 30 min.
make SURE the box is buried DEEP to the bottom of the garbage can.
yup, i can bake.
good luck with your fancy-smacy baking. :)
Post a Comment