Friday, March 13, 2009

MRI/MRA

Good morning

I apologize for not posting yesterday. Spending time with the kids and being tired ourselves was our priority.

Yesterday God poured out blessings again. Bless God! We don't know the results yet, but the preparations for Simon's procedure couldn't have gone any better. The only trouble we had in the morning was when we woke up. I went in Simon's room and was cuddling with him. I told him that he was going to have a special breakfast and that later, Daddy and I were going to go with him to the doctor. He looked at me and shook his head and said "no, no doctor, no doctor". Awe, I'm so sorry Simon!

He barely ate his breakfast of apple juice and yellow jello. Of course, this made me nervous because he is such an eater and I wanted him to get as much as he was allowed to get. He didn't complain once. He didn't ask for food or drink once. It was so great! We found the place easily, we enjoyed the playroom, we loved our nurse, he thought the numbing medicine on his hands and inner elbows (what do we call that place anyway?) was o.k. He was willing to let the nurse and doctor look at his scars (a first without protesting!), he did cry when they put in the I.V., but then read books with me. He didn't cry when he met the Dr. Curtis (thankfully he wasn't in a white coat), and he watched them put in the medicine before his eyes rolled back and he fell asleep.

God is so good. Who else but God could have calmed our little boy? Who else but God could create a growing relationship between Simon and us where he trusts us so much?

We get the results in 3-5 days. We'll let you know. I'll try and post some pictures of our little guy as well. Thanks for praying. It is so evident that you are. Gary and I sat in the cafeteria and prayed and cried and laughed together as we celebrated our God and the friends and family that were praying for us. Bless you.

1 comment:

Hefty and Megan said...

That is such awesome news! God is good, all the time! I hope that these tests give you guys some answers.