Friday, May 21, 2010

ay!

I'm sitting in the living room watching Monster Trucks with the kids. Judge me if you will. :)

My three oldest kids do something that drives me batty. . . and it has happened several times already today. It just happened now, so of course, I opened up my blog to write about it. Of course you know that I'm fine and I love them and I'm not sick of my kids in any way shape or form. (This is my disclaimer as I've heard that there has been some of this assuming from reading my blog. If you EVER get the idea that I don't like being a parent or don't like my kids. . . you are incorrect and should stop reading this blog.)

Anyway, if one of them asks me a question and received an answer of "yes", the other two if they are in earshot feel the need to ask me the same question. It drives me bananas! Here are two examples that happened TODAY.

Garrison: "Mom, can I do an Easter egg hunt again at Grandma Karen and Grandpa Larry's house?"
Me: "yes Garrison"
Simon: "Mom, can I do an Easter egg hunt at Grandma Karen and Grandpa Larry's house too please?"
Me: "yes Simon"
Noel: Mom, can I do an Easter egg hunt at Grandma Karen and Grandpa Larry's house too please?
Me: "yes Noel"

I feel like it is such a waste of words, and time, and effort, and . . . . Why would I, being the mom that I am, allow Garrison to do an Easter egg hunt and not my other kids? Don't they get it?

The same thing happened this morning with drawing. One asks if they can draw, then each one has to ask individually. I can cite numerous examples: have a snack, watch a video, go to a hotel, go fishing someday, see a whale someday (also happened today), hold a turtle (today as well), play with a balloon, go to a park, wash the dishes, take some medicine, and the list goes on.

They do not do this however with the following topics: Can I go to time-out too? Can I go to bed early too? Can I pick up my toys too? Can I have some chicken too?

I love them. F.Y.I. While I was writing this, Simon got his hand stuck in a diaper wipe dispenser. I also asked Garrison to go to his room and come back when crabby Garrison was gone and Noel ate all the cheese from between her crackers and then put them back together by licking them. Penny is sleeping through it all. I repeat. I. Love. Them.

1 comment:

Rae said...

Oh Shanda, you make me laugh. I love the snippets from your family life!! :P