Thursday, May 20, 2010

I'm in love

"I'm in love, I'm in love, I'm in love, I'm in love, I'm in love with a wonderful gal!"
South Pacific

I've been so blown away with how in love I am with this little girl. I think I forgot how much it just washes over me, loving someone so very much. I remember when I fell in love with Gary. I wanted to be with him as much as possible. I thought about him a lot and what I could do to help him, to show him that I loved him, to make him laugh and make his life better. I prayed for him and thanked God that He had brought us together.

Though my love for Penny is different, there are many similarities. I want to just gaze at her, especially when she is awake. I remember feeling that way about my guy too. (I still like to gaze at Gary!) I pray for her often. I can't believe that God chose to put her in my family. I want to know everything that I can about her. I love spending time with her. I'm honored that I get to take care of her, that I'm the one who is feeding her. I'm in love.

My other ducks (a.k.a. children) are doing great. They love their sister as well. As of now, she really hasn't disrupted their lives very much. Sometimes mom needs to feed her, but that is an event unto itself. . . and has prompted many many discussions. Although Noel woke up with Penny her first night home, she has since slept through the nighttime feedings. The most difficult challenge has come this morning. Gary went to work for a half day and it was my first day as the primary parent. Since Saturday night, they have had either Grammy, daddy, a combination of the two, or mommy and daddy. Not only that, but I was gone for two whole days! There was a lot of testing this morning. I think they needed to see where I stood again, see if the rules had changed, push boundaries because they could. . . who knows. I just know that familiar rules were suddenly being challenged. Thankfully, I can say I'm proud of how I handled myself. (I can't always say that!)

Gary will work another half day tomorrow, then be home for the week-end, and then. . . bum bum bum. . . he'll be back to work full-time. Next week will certainly be a week. :) I know we can make it, my mom is going to come and help a bit, several people have volunteered to bring us some meals. . . it'll be fine and we'll adjust.

I love my family. Love. Them.

No comments: