Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Cooking

I haven't cooked all week. Cooking is one of my favorite things to do, but this week. . . has been so wonderful!

We've been overwhelmed at God has taken care of us through many friends. I'm glad not everyone is making a meal for us. I weigh enough already. I am thankful that this entire week is taken care of. ENTIRE WEEK. Plus, we had several meals last week. Plus, a delightful mom from Garrison's class showed up at my door (yup. . . I looked awesome!) with two frozen meals. God keeps giving us "plusses". It is fantastic. Join me in clapping for God. *clap**clap**clap**

Gary is back to work full-time. The kids have their last week of school which means two parties, one estrella (Simon is the star on Friday so I get to be in the classroom with him. . . and Penny. . . and my two extra-large chesticles), and pre-school graduation. What a week.

No cooking. Delicious. One problem: people are bring dessert. Do you always have dessert? We don't. Now we do. My hips are thanking me for the extra padding.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

So glad you have gotten lots of meals this week. Yes, the dessert thing is tough - they are so good, yet when suddenly the pounds are supposed to start coming off, its harder. Hhhmmmm..... Hope the rest of the week goes well and that graduation was fun tonight!

our sweet life said...

you seriously make me smile...ok, laugh. you're so REAL!! i remember after my back surgery that someone came with a crockpot dinner unexpectedly and i cried like a baby (poor girl, all she wanted to do was bring me dinner!!)

enjoy the dessert~pretty soon you won't be doing it anymore and you'll be laying in bed (not able to sleep after the kids woke you up) dreaming of decadant chocolate cake with extra whip cream.

love you girl! keep up the blogging~LOVE IT!!