1. My God. I'm so proud that I'm a believer. There are very few things that I'll really get up in arms about, but my faith and my practice of it are one of them. I'm so proud to stand in front of the Lord and declare that I love Him above all else. He is doing some mighty things in my family. I know that He is always doing mighty things in my family, but this week God decided to show us more of His hand. Ah. . . the glory and the clapping that He has received this week!
2. My Gary. He has been working so hard at a job that gets increasingly frustrating. He has been working so hard to take care of my mom. He has been working so hard to take care of a wife with swollen feet and crazy thoughts. I'm so proud of him and proud to say that he is mine. :)
3. My mom. Someday you will all be able to hear. She'll either write a book or do a conference or go on Oprah. . . who knows how God will chose to share His work in my mom's life. All I know is that I couldn't be more proud of her. Her desire to walk with Him, to not slander, to stand up for what is right, to take back her family home, to be a wonderful mom, to be an amazing Grammy, and to continually stand by my dad even though so many told her not to. . .Wow. I'm proud to say she is my mom. Someday you'll hear her amazing story as well.
4. My kids. They are learning, they are growing, they are fighting, they are sharing. . . I'm very proud to say that they are mine. Garrison's Spanish is so great. Simon shares his birthday treats even when I tell him he doesn't have to. Noel learned how to turn her underwear outside out. It has been awesome! I claim them wherever I go, even when they aren't their best. I've said it before and I'll repeat it here again: I always knew I would love my kids. I asked God that I like them as well. I do.
5. My biological siblings:
A. My sister. This week my sister was asked on her day off to do a consulting job. A consulting job! My sister! She is so good at what she does that another dentist asked her to come in and give feedback. Yup. I couldn't be more proud of her. If you've never met Tricia, you should. She is an amazing woman, a great mom, and so very good at what she does. I'm very proud to say that she is my sister.
B. My Brother Kevin. This week, my brother was asked to be the head coach of Holland Christian's basketball team. Sure, I'm proud of that. I've always been proud of his basketball knowledge and playing ability. I enjoyed watching him play in college, coach his first games in Chicago, and now coach in Holland. What I'm proud about is the coach that he is. Integrity is more important than skill. Basketball isn't all about talent. He goes with his players to do service projects. Yup, I'll stand by you Kevin.
C. My baby brother Ryan became a dad this week. To see my little brother, the one that I held when he came home from the hospital, the one that I babysat, the one that I helped learn to walk. . . he is now daddy. He'll be a great dad. He is such a wonderful husband and does a great job of being Uncle Ry to my kids. . . I'm so proud of him. My new niece, Dakota Ryan will be so proud of him too.
I could go on and on. . . and perhaps some day I will. I've just had a week. I've been overwhelmed with pride and frankly, I'm very proud of tell everyone!
1 comment:
Sounds like you have a lot set up for a fantastic mother's day! Then hopefully even more joy and pride in the coming week or so when Penny arrives. You have a lot to be proud of too - for being you!!!
Post a Comment