Sunday, May 30, 2010

Garage Sales

Gary insisted that I enjoy an hour and go to some garage sales last Saturday. There was a neighborhood sale with around 30 houses participating. I could park, walk, enjoy my hour, perhaps even find a deal. I thanked him and split.

I did find some great deals including a birthday present for Noel. SWEET. I enjoyed being outside and walking around without looking to make sure that all of my ducks were behind me. I ran into a few people that I knew and enjoyed a quick conversation. It was very nice. I even made it home in time to feed my darling daughter.

What amused me the most though was watching the die hard garage salers. I laughed as I watched folks use their walkie-talkies to state their positions, the deals they saw, the condition of objects, the cost, etc. I suppose there was an army strategically placed throughout the neighborhood trying to find a double stroller, canning jars, and Nancy Drew books. I saw vans pull up in front of driveways, the door would open, and people would stream out. It seemed like a clown car at times. They'd hit every sale within thirty feet, then pile back into the van to drive to the next location. It was hilarious! The dealings, the wheelings, the communication devises, it was seriously funny. It was one of the highlights my time spent at the garage sales.

No comments: